Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Split it

Rebecca
3 Jun 10
I had my car towed one Friday night after dropping my housemate to work at Grill'd and sitting in for a burger for half an hour - there is SIGNAGE at Grill'd that clearly states, 'if you leave this premise, you risk your car being towed'. I didn't leave - half an hour later my car is disappeared. Luckily the manager of Grill'd talked to the towing mob who admitted fault, but would only return my car IF i paid $400 cash straight up.

I get my $400 out, hand them the stone hard cash - (and an employee) of the towing company joked, "come on boys, lets go to the pub!" after me and a friend protested, he says, "oh.. you can come to girls, we'll split it, huh?".

I luckily had a friend who knew the management of Central Brunswick and they reviewed CCTV footage and spoke to Mr Graham Douglass of WeTowU who were meant to call me to organise refunding me. I had to call them after waiting two days, the first three times I called I was put on hold or hung up on. The last time, I was told to expect my CHEQUE - NOT CASH in the mail by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment